I really believe we as humans want to be the best we can be. Sometimes we might not have a clue of what that means or exactly what to do. I love reading positive articles on the web and I happened across a blog called the Thought Catalog, brilliant name I must say, and found this post. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you, my friends and add some of my thoughts to it.
Let’s all strive to be the best humans we can be in 2014…
1. Learn to be okay with not being okay, be present.
2. Learn to have conversations that do not consist of lambasting someone else, especially when that someone is you. If you do, that makes you look ugly.
3. Give the most kindness to those who seem like they least deserve it but always be kind.
4. Learn to define and describe people without initially reaching for their sex or appearance as key adjectives.
5. Realize that perspective determines everything.
6. Understand that when something upsets you, it’s striking a nerve of truth and you get to chose how you respond.
7. Understand that when someone upsets you, the best thing to do is understand where they’re coming from and that it’s really not about you.
8. Know that no matter how far you’ve come, there’s no point at which it’s appropriate to remain sedentary. You are either growing or dying, keep growing.
9. Be radically, sincerely honest. Be shocked at how deeply you can connect with people when you are.
10. Know that if you want to have a conversation about something that upsets you, insulting someone is only the by-product of your own defenses, and will ultimately raise theirs as well, not open lines of understanding and communication. Take responsibility for what you’ve done, don’t be a victim.
11. Realize that selflessness is one of the most predominantly wonderful qualities a person can have.
12. Learn to actually feel happy for other people and tell them.
13. Go into everything with the knowing that you don’t know it all, and that every experience is valid, again always be growing and learning.
14. Invest in extra linens, donate what you don’t use, and keep extra Tylenol on you because people tend to need it and be without it rather frequently.
15. Call your siblings and your team more.
16. Be present in what’s at hand. You owe it to the people in your life and to the things you’ve built for yourself. The past and present don’t really matter.
17. Understand that letting go and moving on means very humbly and slowly gesturing in the direction of which you’d like to reach.
18. Get dressed everyday, just for yourself.
19. Give better goodbyes and longer hugs
20. Carve out time to do nothing but be with yourself, really be with yourself in a positive mindset. Vision what you want to happen.
21. Boldly make yourself your first priority. You’ll do everything better when you do.
22. Stop shaming yourself for doing things that are perfectly, normally human, but happen to be deemed imperfect in society. Give yourself a break.
23. Read. A lot. Daily!
24. Reach out to people, open your heart, and watch how eagerly they jump in and do the same.
If this touched you please share it with others and comment
Credit and written by: Brianna Wiest on her blog Thought Catalog